Saturday 4 January 2014

Some details of the breakfast room image.


So I've had a request from Amdcusa from the luxrender forum for more details of how I made the breakfast room images.

This is one of the most finished breakfast room images.
Here's the raw render.
Wireframe.
Solid viewport.
 I'm using 2 lights in this scene.

I did start by using the sun type of light but found I had better control with an area type.  This gives you nice shadows that the hemi with environment map lacks.  The hemi uses a hdmi image I downloaded from http://www.ronenbekerman.com/freebies/

The Ronen Bekerman site is a real treasure trove of useful stuff from textures to workflows.  I would personally recommend this article in the workflows section; http://www.ronenbekerman.com/photographic-approach-in-architectural-visualisation/ I found it very useful indeed.

If you want to know more about any of the materials used in this scene leave a request in the comments section below and I'll post a breakdown.



No comments:

Post a Comment